How to Upload to Your FTP Account
For this tutorial you will need to use an uploading FTP program .
A. How to Access Your FTP Account
Using an FTP Program
- Open you FTP Program
- Host ( FTP.xxxxxxxxx.com , 000.000.000 , xxx.xxxxxxxx.xxx )
- Port ( usually it's 21, unless otherwise instructed )
- Press the connect button
- The website files will appear in the window
B. Upload Files to Your FTP Account
Drag and drop the files in the FTP window where it needs to be located.
NOTE: When doing a redirection, the index.html needs to always be located in the website root. The root is the first directory of the FTP ( address bar will display:" / " or as indicated by your host provider).
**when uploading to your ftp location, files must mirror your computer website setup to be able to view and function properly) **
Case 1 :
You want to upload a page with just text
- Select the page
- Click and hold it with your mouse
- Drag and drop it in the window
- This is called "Drag and drop"
Case 2 :
You want to upload a page (eg. casino.html) with text and images
- 'Drag and drop' the page in the window
- Since the page contains images, you need to host these images on the ftp server as well.
('Drag and drop' the image). To make your website structure look clean we always create a folder images.
NOTE: The image folder creation needs to be done in your web-editor because the links will be broken if you don't, and the page will not show the image
Case 3 :
If the images are not uploaded in their
original place, the images won't appear online
( You'll see a box with an 'X' instead of the image )
- Open the (eg. casino.html) page in internet explorer
(Double click on it, the file needs to be on your computer)
- Right click on the image and select properties
- A popup appears
- Go read the address
- Copy the name of the image ( Ctrl+C ) or remember it
( the address shows in which folder the image needs to be located )
- Press Cancel
- Place the missing image in the right folder on the FTP server
Resolution to Scenario- What you need to do:
- You right-click on the image and the address is www.url.com/en/images/jointhewinners.gif
- In that case, the image needs to be located in the folder 'images' which will be located in the folder 'sv'. 'sv' is located in the root structure. (address bar will show: / )
- Connect to your ftp program
- Go to the directory where you have setup your website
- Click on the 'sv' folder, ( address bar will show: /sv )
- Then click on the 'images' folder. ( Address bar will show: sv/images )
- You need to 'Drag and Drop' the image 'jointhewinners.gif' there
How to Do a Redirection
A redirection enables visitors to see your Casino when typing your domain name and visiting your domain url.
(i.e. when you type: www.yourdomainname.com it will show your casino link http://www.gamblingfederation.com/~yourpartnerID/)
How to View the Source of a Redirect page
- Create a blank HTML page
- Rename it
- Use an editor to view the HTML code (any text editor will work, such as Windows Notepad)
<title>Enter your title here</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/HTML; charset=iso-8859-1">
<frameset rows="0,*" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0">
<frame name="topFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize src="index1.html">
<frame name="mainFrame" scrolling="YES" noresize src=
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
- Replace Enter your title here with the title you want to appear (The title will appear on the top bar of the web browser)
- Replace http://www.gamblingfederation.com/~yourpartnerID/ with your casino link
- Save the file.
- Test it by double clicking on the index.html file. You should be redirected to your casino link (http://www.gamblingfederation.com/~partnerID/)
- Upload the index.html to your FTP root (See the FTP upload tutorial if you don't know how to do this)
- From your web browser, type your domain url (http://www.yourdomainname.com)
- Your URL (http://www.yourdomainname.com) will now show your casino site.
You can't just right click on the HTML page since it redirects you to another page. The only way to see the redirection page source code is by opening that page in a web-editor and to look at the HTML code.